Voice


Voice

When I was young I used to feel alone with my voice and I'd people my imagined space with fictional friends who spoke similarly. Buddy Glass and Basil Duke Lee as a brothers, Professor Pnin taught class just down the hallway from Tomas and Jaromil who somehow became roomates from two separate Kundera books, and even Humbert and Holden would stop by for a drink on occasion. Invisible as they may have been, we'd talk for hours.

I know where I got it now though, I know where my own voice came from, and it is so nice to know its as mine as the blood between my bones.


"Oh, Shoot - was looking forward to your keen observations on family dynamics!

Aunt Mary's e-mail is [removed] .

It's "Hotter than the Hinges of Hades" down here in the Southland (you've gotta love the alliteration, weak though it be!).

The party at your Dad's sounds like a good time to celebrate the September Birthdays. Will it disturb his Karma or whatever they have planned??? I know they're particular in the extreme. If it's better to plan a private celebration for you and CR, we're good with that as well.

I do like the combination celebration concept (yet more alliteration) - December in those years was good, I surmise!

Love you! Moth er"